Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tile!!



Sneak Peek! 


Alright- so the rest of the shower looks pretty much exactly like the above picture, but I'll show you another one just for kicks.  The tiler is coming back tomorrow to finish the shower and to finish the floor.  I had no idea what goes into tiling a bathroom.  Looks pretty basic, you put some glue on the back and slap it on the wall, right?   Turns out there is a bunch of measuring and cutting of squares to get it all exactly right. 

We had a small SNAFU when the tiler ran out of tile. never good. but more was bought and brought and he got back to work. 

Meanwhile, this was the laziest day of my summer so far. It was rainy. and. that's it. rainy=lazy. It's a strange but great feeling to be lazy whilst someone is working hard in your house :) 

Also! they had to cement a part of the floor where hardwoods used to be (the floor of the no-longer-closet) and Joe (the contractor) knew that I wanted to write my name in cement....sooo... I grabbed a knife and went to work.  









Picture? no. not so much. The camera wouldn't focus on it and refused to take a picture of a gray slab.  But, I wrote Erin  Patrick   Ellie  and a mickey head :) 
Also, I put a wedding picture AND a picture of the bathroom as it was- behind a piece of sheetrock.  If anyone ever tears down the wall, they'll find both! I love stuff like that!


more tomorrow! maybe a floor picture!

2 comments:

  1. woohoo!!! love the color!
    have you yelled "hooty hoo" to see if there is an echo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good!!!!! I like it. Can't wait to see the floor tile with it. Do you love it?!!!!!! Have you tried singing in the shower yet? Does it have the right pitch? Isn't homeownership FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete