Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day Three...and KITCHEN


Hello Again!

Not a whole lot of progress today- the plumber was here all day and...did this: 



and created these fine fire hazards: 



These are not really fire hazards....that's just what I think of when I see dangling lightbulbs and open wires....

To fill the void that the bathroom redo is leaving (although, if you know of a deal that we can get on a shower door, I'm all ears) I'll show you a few pictures of our kitchen. 

The kitchen was a fun project (just paint) because it was IMMEDIATE change.  A very necessary change.  I do not wish to disparage the previous owners or their taste, so I will let the pictures speak the thousands of words that I will not: 





hmm.

So, Patrick took a couple of days to paint the cabinets. Here's proof: 


Quite the talented fellow. 

TA DA!



Needless to say (for us, anyway) this is a huge bright improvement.  It took several days to complete- we painted every inch of paintable surface- baseboards, chair-rail, molding, and windows (all trim, basically), cabinets, and walls. I take all of the credit.   

Tomorrow: maybe some more random wires, as the electrician might be coming tomorrow, and perhaps a sneak peak of the shower head.  Don't count your eggs though :) 

I'll also post a few pictures of our den- the other big change in the house! 

Love!


2 comments:

  1. hahahah - is that a crackling sound i hear?
    grab a stick and some wienies and i'll meet you in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete